google.com, pub-7484768759316443, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
Why do we love camping quotes? You haven’t really tasted the outside world if you haven’t tried camping.
Camping is going outside from the comfort of your home; the fluffy bed, the clean bathroom, unlimited electricity, and water, or your coffee machine. To the wilderness; the grass or the soil as a bed under the sparkling stars.
For people who love the luxuries of life, camping is an eye-opener. It opens our eyes to the beauty of nature and the serenity it offers. It helps us be better persons as we build our own fires and entertain ourselves away from our kitchen appliances and television sets or the internet. If we are with friends or family, it will strengthen our bonds through conversations, singing together or sharing stories around the campfire. If we are alone it will help us reflect and gives us peace.
I really like camping, it not only makes me healthy by hiking on trails but it also makes me appreciate God’s creation. It may be hard if the trail is long or filled with obstacles, but it is always worth it. From a picturesque view of a lake to a vast field between mountains, or to a scenic sunrise from a cliff the morning after; it makes the adventure worthwhile.
Here are some camping quotes that might inspire you to camp or make you remember your camping days:
1. I walked slowly to enjoy this freedom, and when I came out of the mountains, I saw the sky over the prairie, and I thought that if heaven was real, I hoped it was a place I never had to go, for this earth was greater than any paradise. – Daniel J. Rice, The Unpeopled Season: Journal from a North Country Wilderness
2. I felt my lungs inflate with the onrush of scenery. Air, mountains, tree, people. I thought: this is what it is to be happy. – Sylvia Plath
3. Whatever form it takes, camping is earthy, soul-enriching and character building, and there can be few such satisfying moments as having your tent pitched and the smoke rising from your campfire as the golden sun sets on the horizon – even if it’s just for a fleeting moment before the rain spoils everything. – Pippa Middleton
4. My wish is to stay always like this living quitely in a corner of nature – Claude Money
5. Real freedom lies in wildness, not in civilization. – Charles Lindbergh
6. A great many people, and more all the time, live their entire lives without ever once sleeping out under the stars. – Alan S. Kesselheim, Let Them Paddle: Coming of Age on the Water
7. I just want to live in a world of mountains, coffee, campfires, cabins, and golden trees, and run around with a camera and notebook, learning the inner workings of everything real. – Victoria Erickson
1. Mom, camping is not a date; it’s an endurance test. If you can survive camping with someone, you should marry them on the way home. – Yvonne Prinz, The Vinyl Princess
2. Sleep under a blanket of stars, and your heart will forever be kept warm by your love of life. – Anthony T. Hincks
3. You don’t have to say everything to be a light. Sometimes a fire built on a hill will bring interested people to your campfire. – Shannon L. Alder
1. Life sucks a lot less when you add mountain air, a campfire and some peace and quiet. – Brooke Hampton
2. Now I see the secret of making the best person, it is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth. – Walt Whitman
3. Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go. – T.S. Eliot
4. When I have folded up this tent and laid the soiled thing by, I shall go forth ‘neath different stars, under an unknown sky. – Frederic L. Knowles, The Last Word.
5. I would rather be amongst forest animals and the sounds of nature, than amongst city traffic and the noise of man – Anthony Douglas William
6. Light a campfire and everyone’s a storyteller. – John Geddes
7. Camping isn’t really a vacation, but it sure makes for good memories. – Julie Kieras
8. Leave the road, take the trails. – Pythagore
9. To pitch my tent with no prosy plan, To range and to change at will; To mock at the mastership of man, To seek Adventure’s thrill – Robert W. Service
10. But the place which you have selected for your camp, though never so rough and grim, begins at once to have its attractions and becomes a very centre of civilization to you: Home is home, be it never so homely. – Henry David Thoreau
Have you slept under the stars before? Camped in the wilderness away from the bustling city? How do you feel about camping? Feel free to share your thoughts and hopefully a “camping quote” on the comments; we might feature it! Now, plan for an adventure outside and go camping!
You can also read our other articles:
Are you on Pinterest? Pin these!