Summertime is the perfect time to pack a sandwich, lace up those hiking boots, and head to the trails. That is…if you”re one of those outdoorsy types. If you”re more of a sit-in-the-shade-with-a-book kind of person, and like to log your miles in the comfort of an air-conditioned gym…hiking might not be your favorite thing to do.
These furry guys all have mixed feelings about the whole thing, but obligingly followed their humans on their quest for fresh air.
1. “…Why”d it have to rain?”
2. “Let”s be honest, you could use some weight training.”
3. “Someone please explain to me why I agreed to this…and was excited for it?”
4. “Just…five more minutes. Also, you”re carrying me down…right?”
5. “…Tell me again why you can”t carry your own sandwiches?”
6. “Do you SEE all this open space? There is nothing to distract me from how much farther we have to walk!”
7. “Anyone have an extra Windbreaker?”
8. “That was okay, but I”m more excited for the nap I”m about to take…”
9. She”s happy Dad finally agreed to carry her the rest of the way!
10. “I thought it was “just a little hill”…”
11. Maybe if you”d stopped to smell the roses, you wouldn”t be so tuckered out?
12. “I mean…someone HAS to have a backpack I fit into?”
13. “Okay, yes, this view is great. Can we go home now?”
14. “Ready whenever you are!”
15. “Oh, you think this is a high five? No…please pick me up. I can”t go on any longer.”
16. “Where are my fancy polarized sunglasses?”
17. *Dreaming of an air-conditioned living room.*
18. “What do you mean we”re lost?!”
19. “How do I get down? I want to get down. GET ME DOWN.”
20. “Tell me honestly: did you really think it would be a good idea to take a cat on a hike? DID YOU?!”
21. “This delicate face and frame were not built for hiking, Dad.”
22. “You couldn”t even pack me my own water? Rude.”
23. “On second thought…maybe the goggles were a little much.”
24. “MORE. I WANT ALL OF THE HIKES.”
25. “…You sure you can find your way back?”
Even if they did get a little sweaty, break a nail, or get their freshly groomed coat splattered with a bit of mud….I”m sure that deep down they know that the great outdoors did them some good!